The Romanian-U.S. Fulbright Commission announces the annual competition for Fulbright Senior Postdoctoral Awards for Romanian professors, researchers and professionals who have a doctoral degree or equivalent (certified). Grants are available for conducting research and/or lecturing in the U.S. universities.
The Fulbright Senior Postdoctoral program provides international travel, accident/sickness insurance and a monthly stipend covering accommodation and living expenses.
► Eligible Fields: any field, except clinical medicine and other clinical disciplines.
► Grant duration: 3 – 6 months.
► Applicants must meet the following criteria:
– hold Romanian citizenship; green card holders and persons with dual (Romanian and U.S.) citizenship are ineligible;
– hold or expect to receive a PhD or equivalent (certified) in a relevant area before departure to the U.S.;
– show a proficiency in English corresponding to the proposed research or teaching project; a TOEFL score is not necessary; interviews will be conducted in English.
► Each applicant will be required to submit:
– an online application form: https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/scholars/;
– a detailed statement of proposed activity for research and/or lecturing at a U.S. university, uploaded to the online application;
– three letters of reference*, uploaded to the online application by university professors and/or other acknowledged Romanian or foreign professionals;
– a photocopy of the PhD diploma e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org;
Please refer to the complete online application instructions at: http://www.cies.org/sites/default/files/Visiting-Scholar-Application-Instructions.pdf
Application deadline: November 10th, 2014
*Applicants are advised to encourage their referees to provide online recommendations following the instructions included in the online application; recommendations as hardcopies are also accepted as an alternative – these should be sent to the Romanian-U.S. Fulbright Commission, Ing. N. Costinescu Street No. 2, 011878, Sector 1, Bucharest no later than November 10th, 2014 (postmarked);
For further details, please send your inquiries to email@example.com